Medical Assisting Evening Class – January 2017
- Start date: January 10, 2016
- Classes meet on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 4:00-7:00 pm
- Classes are held at NKVTC in Wasco: 2150 7th Street
- Total weeks = 18. Total Days = 53. Total Hours = 159
- Classes will follow the WHS schedule in honoring local and federal holidays
- The instructor may add (3) classes for embedded support as needed prior to clinical placement.
CLINICAL PLACEMENT (On the Job Training)
- At the end of May, June, and July students will be placed at clinical sites with approval from the instructor
- Placement times and dates will vary by student, but must be completed prior to July 31st
- Total clinical hours required = 210
- Although NKVTC Instructors can assist with placing students on clinical sites in the Wasco area, if a student chooses a new or different clinical site, that site may be honored. The ultimate responsibility of procuring a placement site lies with the student however, NKVTC Instructors are responsible for approving all clinical sites prior to placement.
- Students are responsible for providing their own transportation.
- Adult students will continue to follow our rigorous demands as outlined in the Medical Assistant Adult Evening Course Handbook. If a student does not master the classroom/theory, that student will not be placed and will be dropped.
- (5) absences for theory = drop. No refund.
COSTS TO STUDENTS
- $750.00 program fee (NON-REFUNDABLE)
- Adults will be required to purchase their own uniforms, textbooks, and fee to process the CPR card.
- Complete the student Enrollment Form. Enrollment forms are also available at both Wasco and Delano sites.
- Attend the orientation on January 10, 2017, at 4:00 p.m.
- Space is limited to 18 students.
- NK will tentatively enroll all students through Week One. At the end of Week One, an assessment will determine the top students to remain in the class. Fees will not be required until the final class roster is established. Your placement in this program is dependent upon approval from the instructor, and will be based on enrollment numbers, availability of resources, and the adult student’s level of commitment, responsibility, attitude and ability to adapt to classroom expectations. If, at any time, the instructor has reservations regarding the adult student’s fit in the classroom, the student will be dropped.
- Class rosters will be established by achievement and assessment only.
- Students are responsible for notifying the instructor of disabilities or challenges which will need special accommodations on the first day of class.
- Students may set up a payment plan with Mrs. Hart at the NKVTC Wasco office. Entire payment is due prior to May 15, 2017; refunds will not be given if a student does not successfully complete classroom hours to qualify for clinical placement.
Questions can be directed to Mrs. Hart at 661-758-3045 or Email to Amy Bean, Director, at email@example.com
Click on the links below for additional information:
M.A. Adult Evening Course Calendar 2017
M.A. Adult Evening Course Handbook 2016-17
Photo-Video Release Form
WUHSD Employee Technology Use Agreement